Friday, August 16, 2013

back to school countdown


Day 5! I made it. Five posts in one week! This craft came together in just 10 minutes, and it's one of Claire's favorites. I'm trying to prepare Claire for school as best as I can, obviously. One thing I wanted to make clear to her was exactly when she'll be starting school. September is fairly arbitrary to her, but this chain helps her realize exactly when she'll be sitting in the classroom. (With Mommy standing outside crying.)

I used my cricut to cut out the bus. I used my cricut because if I had drawn the bus myself and cut it out, you might have thought Claire had drawn it. If you don't have a cutting machine, you could print out a picture of a bus. Or you could cut an apple out of paper. Lots of possibilities. I used red and yellow construction paper cut into 1 inch (ish) stripes of paper to make the chain. Claire liked helping with this part. It's a great opportunity to teach your kids about patterns. That's it. Every day she rips off a piece of the chain, and she's one day closer to going to school. 


Linking up with: Six Sister's Stuff &  Skip to my Lou & Weekly Kids Co-op & Flamingo ToesTatertots and Jello 

1 comment:

  1. The figures of the athletes in the Olympics are really drooling, they are simply walking hormones. To end being single, I think the figure is very important, especially for boys. A good figure reflects a sense of strength, which is irresistible. NIKSA
    focuses on the field of men's fitness clothes, witnessing every drop of your sweat.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to say hi!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...